1) Why is Music therapy done? - Healing through music is prevalent since historic time, which is today started getting explored, considered and developed as a formal tool rather informal, to heal and cure stress related or stress based diseases. Stress is the fact of today’s modern world and In fact every disease has stress as its cause from home abuse, suicide, road-rages to cancer. People cure stress via running from stress or overlooking stress as breaking free but stress resides somewhere inside human body/mind and stays untouched and can be detrimental in long run. There are a many stress related facts and case studies upon it.
So now music is being looked basically as modern and aesthetic approach by corporate/schools/management. Whereas medical science sees it as a ‘complementary medicine’ [Click here to see]
It’s just like you take help of other complementary medicines – yoga, reiki etc., music is indeed a great stress relief.
Educationists in America have realized music study as part of our complete personality growth. It’s now more important than computers at elementary level.
2) How is it done? - This is done in various ways from learning sessions, listening sessions thus influencing psychological, physical, emotional state and development. Also a trained therapist works on specially designed sessions to cure a problem. Apart from that Indulging in music is itself a therapy but yes which music is to choose or where to go is the work of trained therapist. Neither every music/sound has healing effect nor can every other music act as a therapy but on the contrary can negatively impact the state of mind. For reference – Ragas are associated to reduce various heart related problems, insomnia etc. Ragas are relative to certain emotions, it can trigger certain brain functions.
3) What is the process of doing it? - The way you go to a dentist and listening music affects your attention and anxiety level. Similarly you take music sessions, perform, meditate, imbibe, indulge and exercise in music to get an overall impact.
4) Has it been accepted in today’s generation? - It’s growing in proportion to its awareness.
5) What are the benefits of doing it? -
Music can be a source of mental bath, maximum mental activity & brain functions, improved IQ, physical improvement in synch with mind, memory, attention level, alertness, more organizing, patience and so many attributes. The way a jogging session of 40 minutes affects body, a music session of 40 minutes affects all physical, mental and emotional state. Read more >>
© Guitarmonk | email@example.com